Sunday 28 April 2013

Flea Mart in a Mall

Churchill china 'Indian tree-blue' (CNB 2013)

Flea Markets are fascinating because, like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonna get. Yesterday after a wedding kenduri at the Singgahsana Hotel in Petaling Jaya, B and I stopped at the nearby Amcorp Mall to browse the weekend flea market there. Though Sundays are more meriah (read: more stalls and rather crowded), on Saturdays one can browse better and hopefully find good bargains.

B and I went around looking at the collections available; old record vinyls, books and magazines, black & white photographs, stamps and first day covers, ceramics, handicrafts, jewelry, etc., etc. So in the end, what did we get? I acquired four of the above Churchill china 'Indian tree-blue' plates to add to my blue and white collection. I paid RM... - a price I think that they are worth (to me at least!). B got a turquoise cocktail ring and a KFC memorabilia of a 2010 ceramic coin box based on KFC's pressure cooker.

B and her KFC memorabilia at the Flea mart (CNB 2013)

Note: If you do not find any bargains at the Flea Market, just go up to the top floor of Amcorp Mall and you will get bargains galore at the Book Xcess bookshop. I assure you, this is a definite!

No comments:

Post a Comment