Friday 11 October 2013

Be the Movement

Be the Movement was a Charity Walk in support of World Hunger Relief 2013, held on Saturday 5th October 2013. A and I joined the 5 kilometre walk from Dataran Putrajaya, Presint 3 to the PICC (Putrajaya International Convention Centre) and back. (B did her own behind the scene working walking).


There was a sea of hijau pucuk pisang (banana shoot green/lime green?) tee shirts bobbing along the route. It was interesting to see 'walkers' of all ages, although some very young ones rode in their perambulators or were carried by their parents. There were even a few teens who roller bladed ... Err ... it's a walk?


A and I completed the 5 km walk at a leisurely pace; I stopped to take photos of the flora along the way, also the bridges and lake, plus the sunset. We reached the finishing line after 7 pm, with a few more stragglers behind us. There was a 'reward' at the end for everybody - a goodie bag and KFC/Pizza Hut/Ayamas food and drinks.


It was quite a fun outing for a good cause (although as I have already mentioned before, I have an aversion to physical exercise). In fact I think I shall be looking out to join more 'charity walks' in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment