Sunday 17 July 2011

I Blog because...

I blog because... I think I can and I want to... & because it is on my 'Things to do before I Die' (or 'bucket') list! My blog will be on whatever, wherever, whenever; to record experiences of my pretty normal life, including my lifelong interest in books and travel. My interests are really many and varied, so this blog may be 'rojak'; a mixture of this and that, so please bear with me.


A debonair Ba in his G295 KTM uniform

I dedicate this first posting to my beloved late father Ba, who devoted his lifetime to KTM (Keretapi Tanah Melayu) and instilled in me a fascination for trains and railways. I have happy memories of a railway childhood. Ba proudly wore G295 on his uniform and served from the Singapura, Alor Star, Gemas and Prai railway stations, traversing the country on the KTM trains. He had many interesting stories to tell about the numerous trips/journeys he made on the trains and I regret not documenting them while he was around. My recent train journey down to Tanjung Pagar/Singapura before its closure was made in his memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment