Tuesday 5 June 2012

World Environment Day

Go green! (CNB 2012)

Sometimes I lose track of what day it is. But today I know is World Environment Day, so how green are you? Do you at least do your bit by recycling? (Or reusing, refusing even?). I guess if we all try to do our little bit, it will help in the long run. Just a little reminder ...

* Do not waste electricity or water (In fact do not waste anything!)
* Manage your household rubbish; recycle what you can of paper, plastic or glass
* Dejunk your possessions properly - donate/give away/sell
* Grow a garden - even if only in pots/containers
* Practice other green initiatives ...

Every day is World Environment Day! The state of the environment could do with a little help from us all. My tribute to my late mother-in-law Qanum Jan, who taught me the rudiments of recycling.

Note: The above picture is a close-up of the Cyperus involucratus or Umbrella plant that grows in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment