Tuesday 17 July 2012

One Year ago Today

After a short hiatus from blogging, I realise that one year ago today (17 July/17.7) I started my blog, and this will be the 177th blog post (I like the number 7, ha!). It has been an interesting writing (and learning) experience. I racked the far recesses of my heart and grey matter for my memoir snippets, and looking back nostalgically; I went through a slew of photographs in my collection, I looked up books, dictionaries and encyclopedias for a greater understanding of words, facts and even fiction. Of course I trawled the Internet for information new and old (and authentic). I reminisced  a lot (err.. when you are my age you can't help looking back often), and was self-indulgent often times.

I have spent quite a bit of time writing, editing and 'tweaking' my blog posts, sometimes at the expense of other matters. But the initial great enthusiasm seems to be waning and I realise that many blogs 'die' after a while, but I do wish to continue writing here, if only to understand myself and the world around me a little bit better. Meantime, I will be appreciating every sunrise... while writing into the sunset... Syukur and cheers!

2 comments:

  1. A very entertaining and soulful read indeed auntie norma...i really enjoy looking at all your old photos..B & A are so cute..and Even MM (used to work with at Intel) wedding pic..cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shereen, for your very kind comments.

      Delete