Monday 22 July 2013

Commuting from SA to KL by Train

RM5 return ticket SA-KL Sentral-SA (CNB 2013)

Sometimes when I need to go to Kuala Lumpur for something or other, I find that rather than driving there, taking the commuter train from Shah Alam is more convenient. Then I never need worry or stress about the parking problem when I get to KL. And I time it such that it is not rush hour to and fro. If I'm lucky, it is a new train and the interior is fine. If not, it is still fine because most of the time I either look out the window or people watch. I also choose to be in the pink 'Ladies only' coach, though some recalcitrant males can always be found here.

The commuter from Port Klang arrives at Shah Alam station
(CNB 2013)

The pink 'coach for ladies only' (CNB 2013)

No, no, no, no, no, no, no! None of these on-board! (CNB 2013)

The journey to KL Sentral takes about 40-45 minutes, with nine stations in between: Batu Tiga, Subang Jaya, Setia Jaya, Seri Setia, Kg Dato' Harun, Jalan Templar, Petaling, Pantai Dalam, and Angkasapuri. Sometimes I go on to Kuala Lumpur Railway Station or Mid Valley, or hop on the LRT or even the Monorail to another destination.

Busy KL Sentral (CNB 2013)

I love train travel, long or short, fast or slow. I have done the KTM North-South route but have yet to do the Gemas/West-East Coast one. It's been on my bucket list for some time now...

No comments:

Post a Comment