Friday 18 October 2013

The Mousetrap; the Second Time Around


In 1975 I saw The Mousetrap staged at the West End, London. Fast forward 38 years later... last night (with B), I went to see it again at the City Hall (DBKL) Auditorium. Celebrating its 60th year of performances, productions are being staged around the world, including Malaysia.  The world's longest-running play is still playing on!

The (British) cast of The Mousetrap at DBKL (CNB 2013)

Agatha Christie's famous murder mystery has been seen by more than ten million people, and I make two out of this ten mill! I may be seeing it for a second time, yet the ending still surprised me. I guess as requested by 'Sergeant Trotter', I became a true 'partner in crime' and forgot whodunit, immediately upon leaving the theatre the first time around.

P.S. It is also the second time around for B, but then she'd slept through the first (in London at the end of last year) because of jetlag! (Laa... siapa suruh tengok 'Perangkap Tikus' bila tengah jetlag?)

17 October 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment