Saturday 7 December 2013

Cinderella; the Malay Movie


At the end of last month, while at the Curve, we had a last minute invitation to the premiere of the Malay movie 'Cinderella'. Although we were eating lunch and still slurping our Vietnamese pho noodles then, we decided, why not? I like free romantic movies anyway, and Cinderella, Malay or otherwise, sounds fine with me.

The Director and actors and the paparazzi (CNB 2013)

Before the movie screening, the director Ahmad Idham explained his film which he'd adapted from the Malay television drama of the same name. I do not remember watching this drama. Anyway, this film is about a couple who are forced to marry (because of the usual case of being set up and caught in close proximity) but they do find love with each other. So all's well that ends well, and (Malay) Cinderella gets her prince charming. Oops! I have given away the (expected) ending. My most non-professional review of this movie? Okay-lah! I especially like Fawziah Nawi in her supporting actress role. Note: The movie will be shown in cinemas from 19.12.13

No comments:

Post a Comment