Tuesday 23 September 2014

SuperMokh the Musical

SuperMokh the musical, enjoyed a restaging recently at the Istana Budaya from 8-21 September 2014. Having missed it the first time around, we attended the performance on the evening of 19 September. I was curious to see how the sports of football would be translated into a musical. I must say I was thoroughly fascinated ... and impressed. I think I now understand better the passion of Malaysians for football and why Mokhtar Dahari or SuperMokh is both an icon and a legend of the sports.

Awie was SuperMokh and Maya Karin was Tengku Zarina, his wife. They were good in their roles, but for me, the character who stole the show was Douglas Lim who played MD's work colleague at PKNS. He was really hilarious!

The Program book

Awie and Maya Karin take their bows

After the show, we had the chance of meeting and congratulating Awie, Maya Karin and Rashidi Ishak for their fine performances.


Just before leaving, A and Sarah had fun as they emulated SuperMokh in action on the field (at the exhibition area).


19 September2014

No comments:

Post a Comment