Sunday 12 October 2014

Nasi Kerabu at Taman Dagang

My plate of Nasi Kerabu @ Mek Siti, Taman Dagang

Do you like nasi kerabu? I do because it seems a healthy dish with all the herbs in it. My best memories of this delectable food was the nasi kerabu/ulam that my mother used to make at our railway quarters home in Alor Star, Kedah during Ramadhan in the 1950s. My siblings and I used to look forward to this dish being prepared because we would snigger about one 'rude' herb that was involved - daun sekentut!

Somehow in KL/Selangor, nasi kerabu Kedah /Utara is not as ubiquitous as the nasi kerabu Kelantan / Trengganu /Pantai Timur. Yesterday my sister and I got to enjoy the latter when a TKC friend Narim invited us to the opening of (her brother & partners') eatery in Taman Dagang - the Mek Siti Nasi Kerabu Ayam/Daging Bakar. Thank you very much, Narim and Zain. The food was good and it was nice to be able to meet your family and friends too at the venue.

With Narim, family and friends (2014)

We'll be sure to recommend this eatery to our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment