Wednesday 12 November 2014

PickNik @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas

When you are in Publika, Solaris Dutamas (Kuala Lumpur), don't forget to Pick Nik. I mean, have a gourmet meal at PickNik Comfort Food Cafe. This Cafe will be celebrating its second anniversary come 18 November, but it was only recently that we got to dine there. I had been goading the family to go check it out earlier but I don't know why we took soo long to discover this culinary gem.

Lucky for us, when we got there, Chef Nik Michael Imran was in and ready to cook up a storm in his open kitchen. I like the concept of the open kitchen. You can watch while your meal is being cooked. We sat at the bar in front of the kitchen and believe me, here the seats are dangerous! Because when you see all the delicious concoctions being whipped up in front of you, and by a celebrity chef no less, you will want to savour them all! Pasta fresh from the frying pan and meats hot from the grill straight on to your plate. Everything looks simply yummy and you'll feel that you are in food heaven.



Chef Nik Michael's dad and GM of PickNik, Dato Nik Ezar also came by with his two lovely daughters. Being first-timers, we asked for the Chefs' recommendation as to what we should eat. We ended up satiating ourselves with some really delectable and mouth-watering food.

#1. Succulent Lamb cutlet with Korean sauce           #2.Very tasty Truffle Olio Duck


#3. The most comforting Stracciatella                        #4. Gorgeous Squid ink pasta


#5. Delicious desserts of Crepe Suzette                      and # 6. Scrumptious Pavlova


I am a pasta lover and my favourite eatery for this has been Italiannies. But from now on, I think PickNik will be the place for my pasta fix. Mamma mia!


08/11/14

No comments:

Post a Comment