Sunday 22 January 2012

A Favourite Eatery: Sari Ratu

I love Nasi Padang/Masakan Minang, first tasting it at a shop in Jalan Transfer, Georgetown in Pulau Pinang eons ago. My father Ba had introduced it to his children, although a more frequented eatery along the same road was the Kedai Kopi (Coffee Shop) that had a Mee Daud gerai (stall). Many a times Ba would take me there for makan and the mee bandung was just exquisite. Daud had a certain rhythm in his movements as he measured the ingredients into plates in exact amounts. Anyway Daud later moved from there to Batu Uban. I digress.

My friend RMN (and spouse) first introduced me to the Sari Ratu outlet in Kelana Jaya some years back. Her husband's ancestory goes back to Padang, Sumatra so he knows what good Nasi Padang should taste like. I was hooked after this introduction, and the next foray in Kota Damansara was with B. We ordered almost everything available and ended up with a bill that should have paid for ten instead of two! I guess we couldn't help it because everything looked delicious, and they were. Since then we have eaten at other outlets too - in Subang Jaya, also in KL Jalan Sultan Ismail.

Our first lunch of 2012 was at ... you guessed right, Sari Ratu. This time it was the outlet in Desa Pandan, with our friends from Pulau Pinang Faten & Azizi, and JA. Needless to say, they also enjoyed the array of dishes that we all had - ayam pop, dendeng balado, rendang daging, gulai tunjang, daun ubi tumbuk, gulai ayam, paru goreng, udang balado, begedil, ikan nila goreng, etc, etc.

The spread I (CNB 2012)

The spread II (CNB 2012)

My plateful of a little bit of everything (CNB 2012)

Happy foodies at Sari Ratu (CNB 2012)

1 January 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment