Saturday 20 April 2013

A Squash Final & Nicole

The Women's final between Massaro & Waters  

I know nuts about squash (the sport, not the fruit), but then I also know nuts about so many other sports. By chance I found myself at Berjaya Times Square on the 31st March, when B asked me to accompany her for an event there. She was representing her boss/company to receive a token souvenir for their sponsorship of the squash court of the KL Open Squash Championships 2013.

I had not bought a ticket (RM30, I think), but then to fill up the venue, hoi polloi including moi were invited to sit in. So I got to watch the exciting finals, not really understanding the rules of the game. I really have to get on with Squash 101. Our own Nicole David had been ousted in the semi-finals by Laura Massaro, so it was an all-English affair for women and for the men, all-Egyptian (no Malaysians, so sad). But Nicole was there to watch Massaro triumph over her compatriot Alison Waters. Nicole gamely posed for my phone camera while in the company of the Squash officials. Tqvm, love.

World no. 1 Nicole David (CNB 2013)

For Squash to be in the Olympics, I am guessing that we all back the bid. B does, do you?

B: Yes, I am backing the bid. (CNB 2013)

31 March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment