Tuesday 23 April 2013

International Day of the Book

@ the Times Bookshop (CNB 2013)

The 23rd of April is celebrated as the International Day of the Book or World Book (and Copyright) Day, a symbolic date for world literature. Also happy 449th birthday to the Bard of Avon, William Shakespeare (actually he died on this day; a few other prominent authors were either born or died on the 23rd April too, hence Unesco's choice of date). Happy --th birthday to my sister CY (whose age may not be disclosed here because she is a lady; but she is two years older than me, so now you know!)

... this it is the ideal life (CNB 2013)

My resolve not to buy books for a whole year (starting on 30th August last year) so that I may read/reread the ones from my home library, lasted only four months. In January this year I started on my book buying spree again. I just cannot stay away from the bookshops, although I will give the KLiBF* a miss this year.

* Note: The Kuala Lumpur International Book Fair 2013 will be held 26th April - 5th May at PWTC. This 32nd KLiBF 2013 is organised by the National Book Council of Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment