Friday 14 February 2014

Paris ... after 40 Years!

Ah ... serendipity! I never thought I would be in Paris again after my first visit in 1975, but life works out in mysterious ways and I found myself here in the City of Light (also City of Lurve) on the supposed day of love. We arrived in the early morning of Saint Valentine's Day of 14 February 2014. Call me dull, but the only 'signs' of love I saw today in Paris were ... heart shaped macarons! But yumm! I LOVE macarons.

Our window view of Paris on 14 Feb. Spot the ET! (CNB 2014)

Valentine LOVE macarons (CNB 2014)

Just yummy macarons (CNB 2014)

We have met up with my niece NS (now doing her PhD at Sorbonne, oh la la!) and will do some sight-seeing together. I will revisit some of the city's attractions and see them again with 'new' eyes. We find the Paris weather quite mild for February though I will still 'layer' because as the saying goes, 'There is no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong clothes'. (Me and cold weather, however mild, we don't gel well.) And already, there are signs of spring because I spotted my favourite spring flowers on the street - daffodils.

With Mademoiselle NS in front of Chez Clement where we
had our (so so) dinner (2014)

Daffodils ... my favourite spring flowers (CNB 2014)
Paris 14-24 February 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment