Wednesday 26 March 2014

Its Springtime at Tasik Bestari


When going by the Tasik Bestari recently, yellow Tabebuia or 'trumpet' blooms attracted my attention. So out came the camera to capture the blooms which I knew would only last a few days. Enjoy!


Apart from the yellow flowers (Tabebuia ochracea) there was also the pink and white (Tabebuia rosea) variety. The park was a pleasure to walk through, as M and A did that day. If Japan has Sakura, we have our Tabebuia. Both heralding spring, both not lasting very long! But the plus for our Tabebuia is that it will bloom again in summer (July). (See my post 'Blooming Tabebuia' of 31 July 2013)



There were other trees in glorious bloom at the Tasik Bestari park then. Like the Bunga Tanjung, quite fragrant really.


This tree below attracted my attention. The green and brown leaves had so many perforations, they look like lace. But the tree is probably dying, perhaps under (termite?) attack in the root system.


As I was walking by the lake edge, I noticed a piece of driftwood with so many pink 'stuff' on it. Then I saw even more pink 'stuff' on some aquatic plants nearby and even on a tree trunk. Walking further up these pink things appeared on a cement wall that formed the catchment drain. I found out from a man there who told me that these are snails eggs. Then I noticed the little snails, though not many of them. Ahhah! Mystery solved.


Note: Its the 20th day since the disappearance of MH370. Our prayers go out to the crew, passengers and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment