Monday 12 May 2014

A Nephew's Wedding Kenduri in Pulau Pinang

We just got back from our kampung in Pulau Pinang, having attended my nephew's wedding kenduri on the 10th May. Wan Haslem is my older brother's youngest son and he recently tied the knot with a girl from Perak.

Our road trip enabled us to use the new Penang Bridge 2 or officially the Tuanku Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Bridge. It is longer than the first bridge, but architecturally less pretty I think. (An architect would surely cringe at my using the word pretty to describe a bridge!)

The Penang Bridge 2 (CNB 2014)

We seemed to be the only car on the bridge at times. I guess the bridge benefits people from the south because you get into the island faster. But ... as soon as you reach there, you drive straight into the usual traffic jam to get to town.

B & I and the newly wedded couple (2014)

The wedding kenduri was a good occasion to catch up with family members and old friends in the neighbourhood.

B & her cousins (CNB 2014)
The couple with the groom's aunt, sister & niece (CNB 2014

Congratulations and all our best wishes to the newly wedded couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment