Monday 30 September 2013

French Sole at KLCC


"A girl can never have too many shoes" - Anon.  Recently B and I went to the French Sole launch of their Autumn Winter collection at the store in KLCC. My poor old feet can no longer tolerate shoes with heels, so (ballet) flats are the best for some comfort. I have 'kicked off my heels' for some time already, what with a persistant plantar wart aggravating the situation.


Here's some 'sole' history: British shoe designer Jane Winkworth loved ballet since childhood and a holiday encounter (with colourful ballet flats) in the South of France in the 1960s sowed the seed of her decision to design and sell her own range. "The Queen of Ballet Flats" founded French Sole in 1989 in London. "From the humble beginnings of a 'tabletop' business selling only through charity fairs, Jane then started a mail order company from her Chelsea home and then followed the four central London based French Sole stores ... the rest is history ... "


There was a 10% discount on everything in the store at KLCC that day, but I did not really find anything I liked sole-wise to add to my very meagre collection of shoes which includes only one pair of brown FS ballet flats. (Nevertheless the tea and cakes were good, thank you very much!)

Blogs to check out: 1. www.janewinkworth.com  2. www.frenchsole.com
28 September 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment