Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Best Nasi Lemak



IMHO*, the best nasi lemak ever is the one sold in Taman Keramat, beside the Aeon AU2 shopping centre. Every so often I never fail to savour this 'nasi lemak daun pisang' at the stall that is sometimes referred to as the 'Kedai Janggut'. Perhaps because there is a man there, the proprietor maybe, who has a janggut (beard)!

Anyway the stall operates everyday except Monday, from early morning till noon. I always try to go before they run out of my favourite vegetable of the kangkung (water convolvulus/water spinach) that is simply divine with the basic nasi lemak that I usually have for my breakfast. Of course you can add begedil (meat & potato patties), sotong (cuttle fish), chicken, etc., if it is brunch you are eating.

I usually go for this nasi lemak breakfast with my sister CY who lives in Taman Keramat, and sometimes I drag family members along although its not quite their best nasi lemak place. I guess everyone has their very own favourite. Do you?

*Read this however you like: In my humble opinion/In my honest opinion/In my highest opinion/In my hesitating opinion, or even, I might have ostriches?

No comments:

Post a Comment