Wednesday 26 October 2011

Biggest Book Sale

The top half of a Big Bad Wolf flyer advert (2011)

Did you go to the recent Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at MAEPS (Malaysia Agro Exposition Park, Serdang)? Touted as the biggest book sale in the world, I went with three family members on the second last day to check it out. I had gone to the one previously held at Amcorp Mall, but this was a much bigger venue, and so much more books on offer. But Saturday 15th proved to be a 'difficult' day to browse and find what you like because the crowd was quite a hassle, so we were hardly an hour there. Anyway, next time I would ensure that I go on a weekday, so I may have less of a crowd to contend with (I hope).

What did I buy in the hour there? Only three books. One Iraniana novel, Rosewater and Soda Bread by Marsha Mehran (RM8); one memoir, The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson (RM8); and Orang Asli and their Wood Art by Anthony Ratos (RM12). At these prices, it is worthwhile to spend some time browsing for the books you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment