Thursday 6 October 2011

Snapshots: Food, Glorious Food

We are indeed fortunate to live in a country that boasts a variety of food, both local and international. In fact we import not only ingredients for food, but also chefs & franchises. In fact some say, the people of our nation live to eat and not the other way round! On and off, I have taken photos of our food, glorious food. Let me share some of them with you.


Nasi lemak and teh tarik at Taman Keramat (CNB 2010)
My favourite Sunday breakfast whenever I am in KL.

Nasi kerabu at a kenduri kahwin (wedding feast) in MU (CNB 2010)
I just love the blue colour of the rice.

Nasi kandar Kampung Melayu, our Pulau Pinang breakfast staple
(WHMN 2011)

Udang panjat at a kenduri kahwin in Sabak Bernam (CNB 2011)
Oops! Someone has already eaten some! Ok, I confess. It was not me.


BBQ mentarang (shells) at a roadside stall somewhere between Klang &
Sabak Bernam (CNB 2011) I tried some there and then. It was quite yummy.
This batch had just come in, so they were fresh from the sea, I mean, mud.


Vada and salad from my kitchen at SA (CNB 2011)
I made these (the vada, not the salad) from some instant vada mix I
found at a Tesco store. The taste? Not bad, but I have tasted better.


Bread and butter pudding from Aseana Cafe, KLCC (CNB 2011)
One of my favourite foods. The best I have had was at the Carousel
Restaurant of the Palace of the Golden Horses.


Ais kacang with ice cream at Glenmarie Golf & Country Club (CNB 2011)
I had this at a TKC reunion with our astrophysicist friend from the UN.


Golden caviar from Iran (CNB 2011)
M brought this for B, but she prefers the black. Me? Whatever...


Fettucini and salad from Italiannies Restaurant, The Curve (CNB 2011)
Quite the best Italian food served here.



Australian barramundi fish at the Garden Restaurant, The Curve (CNB 2011) 

Japanese at Concorde Hotel, Shah Alam (CNB 2010)
Usually it is Sushi King for Japanese, but this was a birthday treat.


Quesadillas from Las Carretas, Ampang (CNB 2010)
B discovered this Mexican Restaurant, and it was our New Year treat.


BBQ ribs at Tony Roma's, The Curve (CNB 2010)
I am not big on meats, but others in the family are carnivores, roar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment