Friday 18 November 2011

Books I love: Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen was first published in 1813. It is a most popular novel in English literature and has sold more than 20 million copies. There are many spin offs to this novel, but my favourite is the movie starring Kiera Knightly as Elizabeth Bennet, the protagonist. I have read this book a few times, and watched the movie more times. Why do I love it? I just do!

The story was set in the beginning of the 19th Century, in England. Elizabeth is one of five daughters, with a mother most anxious to marry them well. Pride and prejudice are found in both Elizabeth and Mr Darcy, the very rich man who was later to become her husband. Okay, I have given away the ending, but then again everyone knows this story, right? Anyway now that its nearly the end of the year, once again I shall read this book on a rainy day, curled up in my easy chair. And even watch the movie again!
Ex Libris CNB 1819
My copy of Pride and Prejudice (CNB 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment