Thursday 27 December 2012

Happy, Happy Holidays

Everyone seems to be in a holiday mood in December, what with the schools being closed till the new year. Most families go 'cuti-cuti Malaysia' or even overseas. Selamat bercuti or Selamat makan angin!!  But we must not forget our friends especially in the east coast states of Kelantan, Trengganu and Pahang where the monsoon now brings floods. Let's pray the situation improves and those in the flood relief centres/shelters can go home.

Since being a pensioner, life seems to be a holiday all the time - mostly at home, of course. So I try to surround myself with things I like; a library of books to read and reread, and a little garden to tend. Didn't Cicero say that "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything"?

Still, I do enjoy travelling and would have loved to go on holidays overseas recently with the family, if I could. But as disclosed earlier, I am medically grounded for now. Hopefully the situation will get better and I can plan to go somewhere in Spring or Summer next year. Wish me luck! Anyway I vicariously enjoyed their holidays through their photos, some of which I have posted here.

This is my last blog post for the year. I will be back in 2013. Joyous holidays and a happy new year!

B & A at the gates of the Buckingham Palace (Dec 2012)

A at the Christmas market in Notting Hill (BB 2012)

B at Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford on Avon (AB 2012)

Eer... to which Scottish clans do A & B belong to? (Dec 2012) 

B on Princes Street, Edinburgh (AB 2012)

B and friend Su 'on' the London Eye (Dec 2012) 

No comments:

Post a Comment