Wednesday 14 September 2011

My Scotland

So what do you think the men with the bagpipes wear under their kilts? Under wear, get it? And what do they keep in the sporran in front of their kilts? Whatever .... Jokes aside, Scotland I remember, to be very cold indeed, even in summer. Edinburgh was quite pretty, especially Princes Street. The garden there was also pretty, even in winter. We were privileged indeed to be able to watch the annual Tatoo in the Edinburgh Castle grounds. The stunts were stunning to say the least.

At Stirling Castle (1975)

(pic Princess Street garden)
I was in Glasgow once and I recall that there was something in the air that sort of reeked (to me at least). Then a friend told me we were in 'Johnny Walker' territory and I understood.

The Loch Ness monster eluded me when I was there and there was no Loch Lomond monster either, not that there were any sightings of the latter that I know of.

In Scottish heather with British Council fellow travellers (1975)

We visited Holyrood Park, where Arthur's Seat is. This hill in the centre of Edinburgh resembles a crouching lion and its name has been associated with the legend of King Arthur.

Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh (1975)

No comments:

Post a Comment